Hi, I'm Jason Svoboda!
Analytical thinker with exceptional project management, organizational and communication skills. My soft skills include solid interpersonal and communication skills, ability to maintain effective working relationships, use independent judgment and initiative, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced solo or team environments.
This site is used as an extension to my resume, documenting my growth and experience as a information technology professional and technology enthusiast. In addition to expanding on my experience, it will allow you to peek into my interests and find out more about me as a person.
Jason Svoboda (Pronounced: Suh-bow-duh)
Mid-Level, 15+ Years Experience
October 7, 1978 – Chicago, Illinois
CNO Financial Group
Senior Field Services Analyst - June 2018 - February 2020
Project manager for the Bankers Life and Casualty field, which includes data network infrastructure deployments associated with branch office openings, reconfigurations, relocations, and closures.
- Built and managed relationships with branch managers, internal stakeholders, and vendors. Managed expectations and timelines associated with each project.
- Performed initial needs assessments, prepared bids, and executed RFQ based on project scope.
- Interfaced daily and/or weekly and provided project update reports to keep team, internal stakeholders, vendors and others informed of project status and related issues.
- Analyzed and troubleshot office connectivity issues, proposed solutions, and escalated to appropriate groups for resolution.
- Identified and remediated over $500,000 in data infrastructure oversights through routine billing and service provider audits.
CNO Financial Group
Senior Field Services Analyst - November 2004 - June 2018
Worked closely in a team of three to manage and support over 300 Bankers Life and Casualty branch offices soup to nuts, from network infrastructure to desktop support.
- Accounted for 45% of team service desk tickets since 2011 – closed 16,308 of 36,656 tickets.
- Performed application testing and wrote end user instruction guides for various hardware and software applications and systems.
- Provide end user VPN support for corporate workforce including 24/7 on-call support.
- Interfaced and mediated internal teams, managed service providers, and offshore resources to ensure high availability of network and computing resources.
Sycamore Pride, LLC
Owner - September 1999 - Present
Integrate technologies, methods, and emerging trends to administer and update current site portfolio. Bootstrapped, grew, and sold multiple web properties in the college and professional sports niche.
- Execute website strategies, SEO strategies, and social media campaigns.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and remediate site reliability and technical issues.
Gibault Children's Services
Systems Administrator - August 2002 - November 2004
Designed, implemented, and managed all aspects of multi-state corporate network, Exchange email system, and Windows server farm.
- Controlled a $100,000 annual purchasing budget, negotiating favorable contract terms with service and solution providers.
- Designed, developed, and supported Internet and Intranet presences; Spearheaded aggressive Internet search engine optimization program to attract leads for new business units.
- Wrote, revised and updated company Information Systems policies and served as the Security Officer in reaching and maintaining HIPAA compliance.
- Created and managed intern coop program with Indiana State University; Supervised, trained, and mentored subordinates.
Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional
Network and Internet Specialist - December 2001 - April 2002
Performed administration and support on multi-server Windows/Exchange network for 150 plant employees and 10 executives. Installed, refurbished and maintained servers, desktop computers and production man-machine interfaces. Developed and modified various web applications to meet specific business needs.
Sony Digital Audio Disc Corporation
Systems Analyst - December 2000 - June 2001
Created and modified Oracle forms based on customer needs or changes in business. Wrote and tuned Oracle SQL scripts. Worked on various production projects as assigned by team manager.
Internet Support Technician - May 2000 - December 2000
Performed administration and support for dial-up and wireless Internet customers. Installed and maintained wireless network equipment for commercial customers. Performed client prospecting duties for new markets. Provided technical support for Sycamore Engineering employees (parent company) when no work was to be had.
Indiana State University
LAN Administrator - August 1999 - May 2000
Work-study position for Indiana State Student Media. Maintained Apple server farm, storage and desktop environments for both campus newspaper and magazine teams. Designed and implemented LAN storage environment to prevent data loss for staff.
Indiana State University
Equipment Repair Technician - August 1998 - March 1999
Work-study position for the Office of Information Technology. Installed, maintained and repaired broken and damaged computer, printer and network equipment. Maintained campus network wiring closets. Performed light desktop support for faculty and staff in mixed PC and Apple environment.
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Indiana State University - Terre Haute, IN
Completed Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems in May of 2001. Diverse business and technology curriculum included networking, web development and basic software programming.
edx, Inc. - (MOOC platform)
Used edX.org, a massive open online course (MOOC) platform, to take courses offered by accredited universities and training programs, including Rochester Institute of Technology and Microsoft, to learn more on topics of interest and acquire additional skills.
Love watching and analyzing college basketball. I maintain several statistics databases and write on those compiled advanced basketball metrics throughout the season.
Specifically enjoy reading pop-sociology/psychology/economics genre books like those from Malcom Gladwell and the Freakonomics series. I like to see how others view and analyze various problems.
Employ a daily strength training routine to stay active, strong and healthy. I find it to be a very effective stress reliever among many other physical and mental benefits.
SEND ME A MESSAGE
820 Great Sky Court --- North Las Vegas, NV 89084
svoboda at gmail dot com